Kingcombe Aquacare provide a Consultancy Service where we offer impartial advice based on good practice and our own experience of building, operating and maintaining hundreds of water features in the UK and abroad.
We can carry out surveys for fish and aquatic invertebrates as well as full environmental surveys associated with planning permission and Flood Defence Consent.
We can provide structural, mechanical and electrical design and produce detailed construction issue drawings. Aquatic planting schemes can be produced and advice on fish stocking and husbandry provided. Schedules of cost can be prepared. If required we can provide site supervision to implement designs.
Kingcombe Aquacare are regularly asked to carry out condition surveys and propose remedial or restoration works to existing water features, in addition we produce ongoing management plans for the maintenance of new and existing waters, including their mechanical and electrical plant and equipment.
Landscape Architects employ us to provide outline and detail design of the water features within a landscape, project or building. Alternatively we are happy to provide a design and build service.
Our consultancy fees are based either on a lump sum price, often with a discount if we subsequently carry out the construction works, or we charge on an hourly or daily rate with disbursements for mileage and expenses.
Some examples of consultancy services that we have provided are:
- Design of the lining system, weir sizing and recirculation equipment and provision of aquatic planting plans for a LA on a school project in
- Peterborough. We subsequently carried out the works on site.
- Design of a pumped cascade in the roof of the new tropical aviary in London Zoo, we subsequently carried out the construction and equipment installation.
- Provision of a costed restoration plan for a system of failing lakes at a private estate in Plymouth
- Provision of a costed restoration plan for the water features in a Capability Brown Landscape for a private client in Henley.
- Provision of a de-silting strategy, design of gabion walls and planting plans for restoration of an Urban Park Lake in Barking.
- Design of the 3500m2 sweet water lake in Salam Park Riyadh, and the design of the water features in the phase two development of the park.
- Design of all the water features, including ornamental features, internal and external exhibition areas and water play pools, in the King Abdullah International Gardens in Saudi Arabia
- Design of a 26m high water feature at a hotel development in Doha, Qatar.
- Design and site supervision of the lake lining and water treatment system at the Lagun Development, Istanbul